The IAFN Hall of Fame is a new award designed to pay tribute to those individuals who have made a significant contribution to the finance industry.
Dr. Ed White is an active investor in many technology startups, as well as automotive and specialist financial service companies. Ed was behind the development of the first real-time quotation system for Lombard, a British-based finance company that specialises in asset based lending, back in the 1970s. Together with his business partner, the late Dara Clarke, Dr. Ed White founded White Clarke Group in 1992.
White Clarke Group developed the first internet-based vehicle configuration and quotation systems for major OEMs and went on to create the internationally acclaimed CALMS — Customer Acquisition and Lifecycle Management System. Today, the company is known for its award-winning full lifecycle credit processing and administration software for retail, fleet and wholesale/floorplan finance.
Over the last few years Dr. Ed White has collected several industry awards for the company, including a ‘Personality of the Year’ award in 2015.
The IAFN judging panel included:
- Chairman: Adrian Dally, Head of Motor Finance at the Finance & Leasing Association (FLA)
- Brian Rogerson – Consulting Editor at Asset Finance International
- David Betteley – Former Head of Financial Services for Jaguar Land Rover
- Joe Crump – General Manager, Honda Finance Europe
- Gerry Keaney – Director General at the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA)
- Mark Binks – Group Managing Director at Bynx
- Denis Keenan – CEO KeeResources
- Mike Lloyd, Managing Director, Central Contacts
- Angela Montacute – Products, Services and Platforms Director at Arval
- Simon Oliphant – Head of Vehicle Solutions Strategy Division at Hitachi Capital
- Jerry Page – Finance & Insurance Director at Mercedes-Benz
- Peter Hollinshead – Director at FleetSave
- Brendan Gleeson – Group CEO at White Clarke Group
The International Auto Finance Network took place on January 26, 2018 in London. Over 300 delegates from the industry gathered for a sell-out conference which included an awards ceremony in the evening.