At White Clarke Group we believe helping others is one of the best ways to grow yourself; and working together is one of the best ways to help others.
Charities supported by White Clarke Group include:
- MK Cares Kits – a campaign set up by our employees to help provide local rough sleepers with essential items to help them in tough conditions. White Clarke Group have fund-raised for and donated to the monthly care kit distribution to those in need.
- Bletchley Park – the central site for British codebreakers during World War Two and the birthplace of modern information technology. White Clarke Group proudly sponsors the Mathematician and Codebreaker Bill Tutte Exhibition at Bletchley Park.
- Refugees Welcome Milton Keynes – a campaign to help refugees and asylum seekers access essential services and adapt to life in a new country. White Clarke Group donated dozens of bicycles to help new families commute easier aswell as fundraising and donations towards helping furnish new homes.
- Milton Keynes Hospital Charity Trust – As the charity for Milton Keynes Hospital, their mission is to make a real difference to the experience of patients, their families, and the staff who treat them. White Clarke Group donated books with the aim to support children through their hospital journey.
- Red Nose Day – Red Nose Day is a fund-raising event organized by Comic Relief.
- Guide Dogs – a charity for the blind and partially sighted.
- Harry’s Rainbow – a charity set up to support children and young people and their families who have been bereaved through the loss of a significant loved one such as a parent or sibling. White Clarke Group ran a bake sale in order to raise funds for this fantastic charity.
- CURE Childhood Cancer – dedicated to conquering childhood cancer through funding targeted research and through supporting patients and their families. Alongside the Lendmark Financial Services team, Brendan Gleeson, Group CEO at White Clarke Group recently climbed thousands of steps as part of Lendmark’s 2nd Annual ‘Climb to a Million’ fundraising event.
- GoCode Academy – We teamed up with GoCode Academy to offer fully funded scholarships to students from low income backgrounds in Milton Keynes (UK). GoCode Academy trains students to build games, websites, and mobile apps and are tackling the digital skills crisis by creating technology innovators. Together we are on a mission to inspire the next generation of coders.
- Herts Air Ambulance – a charity providing a free life-saving Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for the critically ill and injured of Essex, Hertfordshire and surrounding areas.
- Epilepsy Society – a national epilepsy medical charity working for everyone affected by epilepsy through research, awareness campaigns and expert care.
- Macmillan Cancer Support – a charity that provides practical, medical and financial support to families suffering from cancer. The organization provides nurses, therapists, help with treatment, and volunteers to give a helping hand.
- Remount – a charity dedicated to helping Armed Forces personnel return to civilian life, addressing the practical side of change, the psychological effects of loss, loneliness and a shift in culture.
- Willen Hospice – a charity that provides specialist palliative care and support for families. Their vision is to be the lasting and thriving provider of free care to all people affected by life limiting illness in its local community. White Clarke Group continues to support Willen Hospice through various sponsored sporting and fundraising activities throughout the years.
- Movember – the leading global organization committed to changing the face of men’s health.
- Hula Animal Rescue – an animal welfare charity providing sanctuary for dogs, cats or other domestic animals until new homes can be found. White Clarke Group employees volunteered at thee Animal Rescue Centre and have also raised money through various activities such as bake sales and costume/fancy dress days.
White Clarke Group recognizes the clear benefits of conducting our business in an environmentally responsible and friendly manner, keeping up to date with changing environmental issues, and the need for compliance with legal requirements.
We are committed to preventing pollution and protecting the environment, and we recognize that this is obviously in everyone’s best interests – including our own employees and stakeholders – and contributes to a better quality of life, both now and for future generations.
White Clarke Group makes every effort to conserve natural resources, and we also encourage our staff to operate in an environmentally friendly manner.
We recognize that our activities have an environmental impact at local, national and global levels, and that even small contributions to the preservation of the environment are hugely important. We make every effort to conduct all our business activities and operations in line with best environmental practice and seek constant improvement across all Group activities.
White Clarke Group will constantly strive to improve environmental performance by:
- Being efficient in our use of energy and natural resources, and by reducing consumption within our offices. For example, we encourage employees to switch off lights and appliances when not in use, and have an ongoing program to replace energy-inefficient technology.
- Encouraging employees, wherever practical, to plan their work around public transport, share other forms of transport, and minimize use of energy-intensive transport. For example, we promote the Cycle to Work scheme internally, and also provide telephone- and video-conferencing facilities to minimize the need for travel at all.
- Recycling ever-greater amounts of waste, including paper, cardboard, printer cartridges and aluminium cans.
- Responsibly disposing of redundant and obsolete equipment, through third parties where necessary.
- Encouraging the use of previously used paper internally.
Social responsibility policy
At White Clarke Group we take social responsibility seriously and are committed to:
- Promoting equal opportunities, as detailed in our equal opportunities policy.
- Protecting the environment, as detailed in our environmental policy.
- Offering work experience and internships to first-time job seekers in offices all around the world.
- Checking that our suppliers and clients work to ethical and fair processes, and that they also adhere to employment and environmental legislation in the countries in which they operate.