Summary: We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our finance team. You will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Description of the role
This is a full-time position reporting to the Finance Manager, and our global finance team.
This role requires up to 10% travel to White Clarke Group offices.
- Retention of all documentation to maintain complete and accurate supporting information for the Supplier Ledger in accordance with Group procedures and policy.
- Maintaining the supplier master file to ensure details are correct, including payment terms, payment methods and supplier agreements.
- Daily and weekly processing of Supplier Ledger invoices, staff expenses and credit card expenses accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supplier ledger account reconciliations, monthly KPI’s and queries to be dealt with efficiently.
- Produce supplier payment proposals and generate payments on a regular basis.
- Retention of all documentation to maintain complete and accurate supporting information for the Customer Ledger in accordance with Group procedures and policy.
- Processing sales invoices and receipts when received and debt collection of outstanding invoices.
- Reconciling and recharges of client expenses
- Customer ledger account reconciliations, monthly KPI’s and queries to be dealt with efficiently.
- Payroll preparation and administration through Ceridian, and ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner including the issuing of annual T4’s and T4A’s
- Administration of employee insurance and benefits plans (Medical, Dental, EAPs, DPSP/RRSP & 401K etc)
- Monthly reconciliations of bank, credit card and various other general ledger accounts
- Updating the reported weekly cash flows
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Journal creation and input into nominal ledger
- Assisting with the annual preparation of company audit files
- Liaising with non-financial stakeholders across the company including operational staff and project managers
- Assist team colleagues as appropriate and deal with applicable queries
Requirements of the role
- Currently studying towards an accounting qualification or qualified by experience
- Must be IT literate with good working experience with Excel, Word and various other Microsoft applications
- Experience in multi-currency and multi revenue stream business concepts preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Able to multitask while working under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with work hours based on business needs.
- Flexibility with shifting areas of responsibility, based on business needs.
Nice to have
- Working experience in Simply Accounting and Sage
- Preferably working experience with Ceridian payroll web-based application will be beneficial
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Medical Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Dental Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Vision Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Health Care Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee & Family Life Insurance
- Employee Accidental Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Support with Professional Training and Development