Summary: Business Analysts analyse our client’s requirements to design and document efficient and effective processes that meet the client’s needs. They then translate this information into detailed system requirements for input to the solution delivery stage.
Description of the role
What our Business Analysts do day-to-day:
- Define and document customer business functions and processes.
- Consult with customers to identify, define and document their business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Document functional requirements with identified use cases and process flows. Coordinates requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Act as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other stakeholders in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of software applications.
- Analyse the feasibility of and develop requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensuring the system designs fit the needs of the users.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and document business rules, functions and requirements.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Consolidate information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
- Plan, organise and conduct business process reengineering/improvement projects.
- Participate in sales demonstrations and other pre-sales activities.
Our BA’s have great opportunities to enhance their skill levels working on exciting projects with support and mentoring from the senior team. We are proud to offer an extensive training calendar to assist all levels with individual knowledge growth.
This role may require approximately 20 – 30% travel to client sites and White Clarke Group offices.
Requirements of the role
- As a BA you will work closely with key stakeholders, therefore previous experience of client-orientated roles is essential.
- Knowledge of financial products and markets, specifically retail lending originations in the US.
- Experience with Loan Origination and Credit Decisioning software.
- Experience of technical skills and tools that allow you to perform analysis of design and system issues e.g. SQL Queries.
- Ability to build relationships quickly with clients and have clear communication.
- Strong testing and analytical skills.
- Passion for accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Strong knowledge of Business Analysis Processes.
- Experience in documenting use cases, flow charts, functional diagrams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with stakeholders and clients.
- Able to multitask and learn quickly while working under high pressure to meet deadlines.
Experience that would be an advantage;
- IIBA Certification
- Experience with issue tracking software (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Experience with managing documents in shared repositories (SharePoint).
- Knowledge of Web Applications.
- Knowledge of SQL Queries, JSON and XML data-interchange formats.
- Written and verbal communication in other languages.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Medical & Dental benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee & partner life insurance
- Accidental life and personal accident insurance
- Short & long-term disability Insurance
- Out of province / out of country medical insurance
- Pension fund with employer matching program
- Employee Assistance Program / Helpline
- Professional association membership fee assistance
- Support with continued professional development
- Ergonomically friendly sit to stand desks
- GoodLife Fitness Corporate Membership Program
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus – up to $4,000!
- Active staff social committee
- Quarterly company social events
- Monthly Employee of the Month event
- Weekly “Happy Hour” social events