Summary: Our Software Engineers develop and deliver the next generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. We’re looking for Engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas of the technology stack, such as distributed computing, micro-services, system design, server side, UI design.
Description of the role
Our Cobol Developers working day:
Your days can be extremely varied from developing new features for the next release to analysing existing code for our product.
We use Micro focus Cobol and Acubench Cobol with SQL server and an XML based Integration layer between Java Screens and Cobol programs.
You will work closely with our Business Analysts and testers and be involved in Client demonstrations and activities.
We follow an Agile methodology based on SCRUM and have daily stand-ups to allow the team to synchronise tasks for the next 24 hours.
After implementation you will be involved with support, troubleshooting & providing technical support.
Also, as an experienced developer you will be expected to be one of our SME’s with all things related to Cobol.
The learning will not stop there for you either, throughout the year there will be various training enhancements and courses plus we also encourage an opinion in our working environment so if you think there is a technology that we need to investigate we want to hear it from you!
Requirements of the role
- Strong COBOL development skills in a commercial finance related environment.
- Experience of full software development lifecycle.
- Experience in one of the automotive, equipment finance or finance industries would be an advantage.
- Experience working on large vendor implementations (using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies).
- Experience with Java is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on various activities whilst maintaining standards and guidelines.
- You should enjoy collaborating with a team but will have the ability to work independently.
- You will have a passion for quality, and this will be displayed in your output.
- You should enjoy supporting development within your team.
- Excellent written & verbal English skills is essential.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Competitive CTC and benefits package.
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Support with professional certifications.
- Flexible working.
- Health Insurance.
- Death in service benefit.
- 15 days holiday that increase with length of service
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme.
- Various company-wide social events.
- Provident Scheme.