Summary: Database Administrators at White Clarke Group are expected to manage data and database systems supporting clients and internal teams.
Please note that due to restrictions in place due to COVID-19 we are currently conducting all interviews via remote video calls, inductions will continue to be carried out at the Mysuru office.
Description of the role
Our Database Systems Administrators day looks like;
- Working with Business Analysts and Technical Leads on database design to meet technical and business requirements.
- Designing, building, configuring databases on both Windows and UNIX servers.
- Co-ordinating database builds with other project build activities.
- Maintaining and support existing databases including backup and restore.
- Designing/creating tables views and indexes to support application development activities.
- Optimising and performance tuning database in line with project requirements.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks for multiple projects.
- Maintaining database security policies.
- Assisting in troubleshooting database issues in client environments.
- Providing strategic direction for database environments to support future needs of the organization.
- Creating and maintain data dictionary, scripting standards, architecture diagrams and configurations.
- Transferring technical knowledge and expertise to other employees.
- Building good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Requirements of the role
- Database Administration skills for at least SQLServer and Oracle RDBMS
- Ability to install, create, configure and size databases as per project requirements
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning implementation
- Scripting and DBA task automation skills
- Database design experience
- Ability to manage DDL and DML database upgrade and release management
- Basic knowledge of Java is desirable; i.e. able to read a stack trace, hibernate ORM
- Familiar with Maven and Ant build tools
- Familiar with the Liquibase database change management tool
- UML design experience
- Understanding of implementing ‘high availability’ solutions for SQLServer and/or Oracle
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Competitive CTC and benefits package.
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Support with professional certifications.
- Flexible working.
- Health Insurance.
- Death in service benefit.
- 15 days holiday that increases with length of service
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme.
- Various companywide social events.
- Provident Scheme.