Summary: This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Release Manager and will support development resources with tooling and system requirements for a variety of projects.
Description of the role
- Assisting in deploying applications to various test, non-production and/or production environments.
- Maintain close communication with project teams to confirm details, timeframes and expectations within a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and reconfigure post-deployment issues.
- Contribute to Deployment and inter-departmental initiatives to maintain or improve system availability, security, and performance.
- Debug issues with minimal supervision.
- Support of Business continuity projects by automating deployment processes and production tasks.
- Consistent and sustained sense of urgency to resolutions and reporting incidents in a timely manner when working on critical production environment timeframes.
- Setup new development and testing environments as well as perform maintenance of existing ones.
- Prepare technical documentation including build pages and implementation procedures.
The candidate must be willing and able to work rotating shifts (including evening, overnights and weekends). Some additional overtime might be required.
The role may require production/UAT support of SQL servers, jobs and deployments.
This role may require up to 10% travel to client sites and White Clarke Group offices.
Requirements of the role
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Able to multitask while working under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills related to IT.
- Able to learn quickly, and to teach/mentor others.
- Flexibility with work hours based on business needs.
- Flexibility with shifting areas of responsibility, based on business needs.
- Understanding of SDLC and Business Analysis Processes.
- Ability to document use cases, flow charts, functional diagrams.
- Must have a willingness to learn new technologies in a constantly evolving IT environment.
- Minimum 6 months Deployment and/or Support experience.
- Experience with Microsoft environments/technologies.
- Experience with issue tracking software (JIRA, SharePoint, Test Track, Servicenow, etc.)
Nice to have
- Experience with Linux, JBoss 5 onwards, Wildfly 8 onwards, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and Oracle 11 onwards, SQL, Microsoft IIS web server, Apache Web server, Apache ActiveMQ.
- Experience with Auto/Asset Financing Systems.
- Knowledge of Web Applications and SQL Queries.
- Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application deployments.
- Knowledge of SSAE-16 audit and compliance requirements.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Medical Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Dental Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Vision Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Health Care Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee & Family Life Insurance
- Employee Accidental Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Support with Professional Training and Development