Summary: DevOps Engineers at White Clarke Group are expected to deploy, automate, maintain, and manage both the on-premise and cloud-based product environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of environments.
Description of the role
Our DevOps Technician’s working day includes:
- Collaboration with Development/QA/Release teams to achieve the continuous integration and delivery process.
- Build, release, and configuration management.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Contribute to the configuration, installation and documentation of client solutions
- Analysis and discovery of application configuration, including infrastructure and run time across client engagements.
- Development of detailed designs including logical deployment views during client engagements.
- Establishing dialogue with the customer to achieve trusted technical adviser status.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities and communicate them to Project Managers and/or Technical Leads.
- Identify potential issues preventing the successful delivery of services or solutions and informing Project Managers appropriately.
- Establish Proof of Concepts to validate the client solutions.
Requirements of the role
We require a good working knowledge of the following:
- App Servers such as: Websphere, Tomcat, JBoss or Weblogic.
- Webservers such as: IHS, IIS or Apache.
- Databases software: Oracles, SQL
- Operating systems: Linux and windows.
- Continuous Integration tools: Team City, Jenkins or Nexus.
- Scripting: Batch, Bash, Powershell or Python.
- Configuration Management Tools such as Puppet.
- A good understanding of J2EE Technologies (JMS/JTA/Servlet/WS) and with Java tuning and troubleshooting.
- Automation Tools
- Development Tools such as: Subversion, Sonar.
- Cloud hosting experience using AWS Technologies (EC2, RDS, ELB, S3,VPC, Cloudwatch).
- Operational Intelligence tools such as; Splunk.
- Application Performance Management Tools such as APP Dynamics.
- Administering Middleware platforms using IBM MQ, JBoss Messaging.
- Experience with build tools such as Maven.
- Source code tools such as GIT.
- Hands on experience of container technologies such as: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm.
- Experience using the Atlassian product suite including; JIRA, Confluence, Crucible and Fisheye.
- Virtualisation tools such as VMWare.
- Experience with Directory Services such as Active Directory, Domino, ADLS. Able to integrate AD with the CI/CD Tooling.
- Experience with encryption and VPN configuration.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, here is an insight to what we offer for all our employees below:
- Competitive CTC and benefits package.
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Support with professional certifications.
- Flexible working.
- Health Insurance.
- Death in service benefit.
- 15 days holiday that increase with length of service
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme.
- Various company-wide social events.
- Provident Scheme.