Objectives: Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage both the on premise and cloud based product environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of environments
Description of the role
- Build, release, and configuration management
- Collaborate with Dev/QA/Release teams to achieve the CI/CD process.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Contribute to the configuration, installation and documentation of client solutions
- Analysis and discovery of application configuration, including infrastructure and run time across client engagements
- Development of detailed designs including logical deployment views during client engagements
- Establish a dialogue with the customer to achieve trusted technical adviser status
- Identify opportunities and communicate them to PM and/or Technical Lead
- Identify potential issues preventing the successful delivery of services or solutions and inform the Project Manager appropriately
- Establish POCs to validate the client solutions
Requirements of the role
- 3+ years’ experience with development tools such as JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Team City, Maven, Nexus and Sonar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, an appreciation of overall practices and applications within IT, and the flexibility to interpret standards pragmatically.
- Experience in managing workshops to drive requirements and changes in tools and methods.
- Experience in implementing tools across many satellite locations.
- Has achieved proficiency in any Development Skill (java preferred), using a variety of methods and tools.
- Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in simple problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
- Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Meeting targets and fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail.
- Familiar with organised and documented sets of techniques, intended to facilitate the structured development of applications.
- Familiar with software tools which automate or assist part of the development process.
- Aware of tools and techniques (manual or automated) which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation.
- Aware of methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Strong experience in providing end-to-end leadership across mission critical platforms
- Strong experience with Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems at an administrator or operator level.
- A good understanding of JEE technologies such as JMS/JTA/Servlet/WS.
- Strong experience in administering Java application servers especially Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss Application Server.
- Strong experience in administering Middleware platforms such as IBM MQ, JBoss Messaging
- Strong experience with Java tuning and troubleshooting.
- Excellent scripting skills (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Strong experience in administering/Configuring CI tools such as Jenkins/Teamcity/Nexus
- Adapting methods and tools for effective use, by means of one or more of the following activities: tool development, process definition, hardware/software installation, customisation, testing and documentation.
- Maintains and supports the methods and tools used in development process.
- Carries out upgrades to tools used in development process.
- Assists in the provision of basic training in the use of methods and tools. Deals with users’ problems and queries in practice.
- Producing user guides and documentation for the methods and tools.
- Hands-on experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, VPC, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
- Hands-on experience of Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm.
- Hands-on experience as an administrator in the Atlassian product suite, including JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, and Fisheye
- Hands-on experience administering the Maven build tool and a modern source code versioning tool such as Git
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with Operational Intelligence platform such as Splunk
- Experience with Application Performance Management platform such as AppDynamics, Nagios
- Experience with Virtualisation Technologies such as VMWare
- Experience with Database Technologies such as Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL
- Experience with encryption and VPN configuration
- Experience with Directory Services such as AD, Domino, ADLS. Able to integrate AD with the CI/CD Tooling.
- Contributes to the development of tools installation procedures and standards.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and document programs in own area of responsibility.
- Experience with SOA and API Management is desirable
- Java Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies
- Knowledge of Integration plugins to JIRA, such as TaskTop
- Effective Communicator – both written and Verbal
- Team player – sound collaborator with a collective mindset
- Innovative and willing to contribute new ideas
- Proven problem management and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to take ownership and be responsible for actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail, with ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- A supportive inspirational leader who works well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Professional image with well-developed time management skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst multi-tasking.
- Ability to be flexible with respect to working hours, according to operational requirements and priorities.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Private medical healthcare on completion of probation period
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Free onsite parking
- Corporate gym membership options
- Associate car purchasing discounts – available with selected manufacturers
- 23 days holiday per year with the option to buy & sell 3 days
- Additional holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Employee referral scheme
- Assistance with eye tests
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Social Committee – events throughout the year
- Support with professional qualifications