Objectives: Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage both the on premise and cloud based product environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of environments.
Description of the role
- Build, release, and configuration management.
- Collaborate with Dev/QA teams to achieve the CI/CD process.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Contribute to the configuration, installation and documentation of client solutions
- Analysis and discovery of application configuration, including infrastructure and run time across client engagements
- Development of detailed designs including logical deployment views during client engagements
- Establish a dialogue with the customer to achieve trusted technical adviser status
- Identify opportunities and communicate them to PM and/or Technical Lead
- Identify potential issues preventing the successful delivery of services or solutions and inform the Project Manager appropriately
- Establish POCs to validate the client solutions
Please note: Some travel, both international and domestic, may be required.
Requirements of the role
- Strong experience in providing end-to-end leadership across mission critical platforms
- Strong experience with Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems at an administrator or operator level.
- A good understanding of JEE technologies such as JMS/JTA/Servlet/WS.
- Strong experience in administering Java application servers especially Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss Application Server.
- Strong experience in administering Middleware platforms such as IBM MQ, JBoss Messaging
- Strong experience with Java tuning and troubleshooting.
- Excellent scripting skills (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Strong experience in administering/Configuring CI tools such as Jenkins/Teamcity.
- Hands-on experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, VPC, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
- Hands-on experience of Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm.
- Hands-on experience as an administrator in the Atlassian product suite, including JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, and Fisheye
- Hands-on experience administering the Maven build tool and a modern source code versioning tool such as gits desirable
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Chef or Ansible.
- Experience with Operational Intelligence platform such as Splunk
- Experience with Application Performance Management platform such as AppDynamics
- Experience with Virtualisation Technologies such as VMWare
- Experience with Database Technologies such as Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Directory Services such as AD, Domino, ADLS
- Relevant IT Industry qualifications
- Experience with deployment enterprise applications in production environments
- Understanding of modern approach to integration (cloud, micro-services, APIs)
- Java Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies
- Effective Communicator – both written and Verbal
- Team player – sound collaborator with a collective mindset
- Innovative and willing to contribute new ideas
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Paid Parental leave
- Secondment opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Education assistance
- Professional association fees support
- Employee referral scheme
- Life/TPD Insurance
- Novated Lease
- Free fruit and snacks
- Corporate gym rates
- Fun social events and other office perks