Summary: DevOps Engineers at White Clarke Group are expected to deploy, automate, maintain, and manage both the on-premise and cloud-based product environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of environments.
Description of the role
- Collaboration with development/QA/release teams to achieve the continuous integration and delivery process.
- Build, release, and configuration management.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Contribute to the configuration, installation and documentation of client solutions.
- Analysis and discovery of application configuration, including infrastructure and run-time across client engagements.
- Development of detailed designs including logical deployment views during client engagements.
- Establishing a dialogue with the customer to achieve a trusted technical adviser status.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities and communicate them to Project Managers and/or Technical Leads.
- Identify potential issues preventing the successful delivery of services or solutions and informing Project Managers appropriately.
- Establish proofs of concept to validate client solutions.
- Producing user guides and documentation for methods and tools.
Requirements of the role
- Understanding of DevOps engineering practices.
- Experience automating build, test, package, release, and configuration management.
- Experience with JIRA, Bitbucket/Git, Team City, Maven, Nexus and Sonar for automating software delivery.
- Experience with Terraform and Packer for automating infrastructure engineering.
- Experience with Chef or Ansible for automating configuration management.
- Experience of scripting using for example Python, Powershell, Korn or Bash.
- Experience in AWS and Docker deployment.
- Experience in Linux / UNIX and/or Windows administration.
- Experience in ITIL Process & Cloud Services.
- AWS and Docker experience.
- Infrastructure engineering skills.
- CI/CD pipeline engineering skills.
- Worked in an agile software delivery environment using Scrum.
- Specialist skills and experience in networking, compute or storage.
- A development or operations background.
- Kubernetes experience.
- Harness CD platform experience.
- SaaS delivery experience.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.