Finance Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Summary: Reporting to the Group Accountant, you will be responsible for processing invoice, expenses, payments and the control of the supplier ledgers as well as monthly KPI’s on agreed company financial performance to strict deadlines.
Description of the role
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada OR Alpharetta, GA, USA OR Remote (if remote, requires convenience to a major airport)
- Retention of all documentation to maintain complete and accurate supporting information for the Supplier Ledger in accordance with Group procedures and policy.
- Maintaining the supplier master file to ensure details are correct, including payment terms, payment methods and supplier agreements.
- Daily and weekly processing of Supplier Ledger invoices, staff expenses and credit card expenses accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supplier ledger account reconciliations, monthly KPI’s and queries to be dealt with efficiently.
- Producing supplier payment proposals and generate payments on a regular basis.
- Monthly reconciliations of bank, credit card and various other general ledger accounts
- Updating the reported weekly cash flows
- Journal creation and input into nominal ledger.
- Assisting with the annual preparation of company audit files.
- Liaising with non-financial stakeholders across the company including operational staff and project managers.
- Assist team colleagues as appropriate and deal with applicable queries.
Requirements of the role
- Currently studying towards an accounting qualification or qualified by experience
- Must be IT literate with good working experience with Excel, Word and various other Microsoft applications
- Experience in multi-currency and multi revenue stream business concepts preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility with work hours based on business needs.
- Flexibility with shifting areas of responsibility, based on business needs.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Medical & Dental benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee & partner life insurance
- Accidental life and personal accident insurance
- Short & long-term disability Insurance
- Out of province / out of country medical insurance
- Pension fund with employer matching program
- Employee Assistance Program / Helpline
- Professional association membership fee assistance
- Support with continued professional development
- Ergonomically friendly sit to stand desks
- GoodLife Fitness Corporate Membership Program
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus – up to $4,000!
- Active staff social committee
- Quarterly company social events
- Monthly Employee of the Month event
- Weekly “Happy Hour” social event