Full Stack Engineer
Summary: Full Stack Engineers at White Clarke Group Engineers develop and deliver the next-generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. Engineers are accountable for the Test-Driven Delivery for the whole technology stack through the whole lifetime of the product from implementation to operation and the tooling of the pipelines which deliver this.
Description of the role
Our Full Stack Engineer’s working day includes
Your days can be extremely varied from developing new features for the next release to working on defects for a product already in review by our client as well as the pipelines which deliver this. Working closely with our Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts we use a test-driven (Gherkin/Cucumber) approach to ensure the highest quality of everything we do.
You are accountable for continuously improving the behaviour and performance of the product and the environment in which your development occurs and are an enabler for the improvement of software delivery lifecycle as well as the product.
Requirements of the role
We are looking for the following:
Collaboration: We want our shared passion communicated while being kind and supportive to those you are working with.
Flexibility: Coding is an on-going process and the ability to turn your hard to a range of problems and resolve them without micromanagement
Critical Thinking Skills: You will be involved in complex decision making around the design and implementation of the whole stack. You must be able to apply critical thinking skills to this process and communicate your understanding efficiently and well.
Diagnostic Ability: Strong skills in problem decomposition and resolution, with the reasoned arguments for this approach and to record resolution to issues across our full stack. At the heart of this is the ability to apply model-based thinking and the ability to refine the model as more information is discovered and understood.
Technology Aware: Knowledge of the core technologies consumed in both pipelines and the codebase and the testing of these. The ability to understand these changes and how they impact the longevity of the solution is key
We require a good working knowledge of the following and implementations which support them:
- Version Control: git
- J2EE Technologies (JMS/JTA/Servlet/WS)
- Java and supporting frameworks such as Spring and Apache Camel
- Data Layer implementations, including SQL/non-SQL and other approaches
- Asynchronous Automation used by our product (microservices) and our CI/CD pipelines
- Monitoring and reporting, both for the CI/CD but also for the product itself: Windows Event, syslog, log4j, jmx, prometheus
- Isolation technique for testing and deployment: docker, VMs, chroot jails, the associated naming approaches such as DNS naming and NAT addressing
- Access Control and Authorisation, particularly around using Role/Application based access control and appropriate secrets management
- Continuous Improvement mindset with the ability to understand costs and delivery impacts.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.