Graduate Java Developer
Summary: Our Software Engineers develop and deliver next-generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. We’re looking for Software Engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas of the technology stack, such as distributed computing, microservices, system design, server-side, UI design.
Description of the role
Our Junior Java Developers will get to:
Our developers are expected to leave the code better than they found it, without compromising integrity. We utilise strong testing and test-driven development practises to both refactor and improve the code base without impacting current production features, this is supported by using code quality tools like Sonar to give metrics coupled with nightly continuous deployment where automated Selenium and Gherkin-based tests are run. We follow an Agile methodology based on SCRUM and have daily stand-ups to allow the team to synchronise tasks for the next 24 hours.
Junior team members are closely mentored by senior developers as well as having access to our e-learning platform to further develop and acquire new skills. We run regular lunch-and-learn sessions so there will always be plenty for you to learn.
Requirements of the role
If you have a passion for technology and like to focus on specialist technically orientated tasks, then White Clarke Group is the right fit for you. We are looking for smart, self-motivated software developers to join our exceptional development team.
Ideally, you will have the following experience;
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Computing or Information Technology Management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on various activities whilst maintaining standards and guidelines.
- You should enjoy collaborating with a team but will have the ability to work independently.
- Passionate about testing and Test-Driven Development.
- You will have a passion for quality, and this will be displayed in your output.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.