Graduate/Junior Java Developer
Summary: Our Java Developers develop and deliver the next generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. We’re looking for Java Developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas of the technology stack, such as distributed computing, microservices, system design, server side and UI design.
Description of the role
You will work closely with our Business Analysts and Testers and be involved in Client demonstrations and activities. We utilise strong testing and test-driven development practises to both refactor and improve the code base without impacting current production features, this is supported by using code quality tools like Sonar to give them metrics coupled with nightly continuous deployment where automated Selenium and Gherkin-based tests are run.
We follow an Agile methodology based on SCRUM and have daily stand-ups to allow the team to synchronise tasks for the next 24 hours.
As a Junior Java Developer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with some of the most experienced Java Developers within our organisation who will guide you through the beginning of you career with all things related to Java. We run workshops, lunch and learn sessions and events and offer regular trips to our other offices to meet likeminded engineers.
The learning will not stop there for you either, throughout the year there will be various training enhancements and courses around Java and its add-ons. Upon starting with us you will receive a personalised career development plan, so you know what your route will be to make it to a Senior Java Developer and eventually a Java Team Lead or Technical Architect. We also encourage an opinion in our working environment so if you think there is a technology that we need to investigate we want to hear from you!
Requirements of the role
- Experience within Java IDEs such as Eclipse and IntelliJ
- Java application servers such as WebSphere, Glassfish or JBoss.
- RDBMS such as Oracle or SQLServer.
- Build tools such as Maven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on various activities whilst maintaining standards and guidelines.
- You should enjoy collaborating with a team but will have the ability to work independently.
- Passionate about testing and Test-Driven Development.
- Fluent English in verbal and written communications.
- Experience in JIRA/Confluence
- Experience gained within the finance industry
- System experience with multi-layer web applications
- Willingness to contribute and support other team members in all aspects of the projects including documentation and testing
- Willingness to travel and to spend short periods of time away from home on occasion
- Fluent German in verbal and written communications
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Travel Allowance for Public Transportation
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Capital Forming Benefits (VWL)
- Trainings – Internal and External
- Weekly Fruit Basket
- 25 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme – Earn up to €3.750!
- Various company wide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.