Summary: Our Software Engineers develop and deliver next-generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. We’re looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas of the technology stack, such as distributed computing, microservices, system design, server-side, UI design.
Description of the role
This role requires up to 10% travel to client sites and White Clarke Group offices.
Our Software Developers working day:
You will work closely with our Developers, Technical Leads, Business Analysts and testers and be involved in Client demonstrations and activities. We utilize strong testing and test-driven development practises to both refactor and improve the code base without impacting current production features, this is supported by using code quality tools like Sonar to give them metrics coupled with nightly continuous deployment where automated Selenium and Gherkin-based tests are run.
Requirements of the role
As a Software Developer you would be expected to have good working experience of our core technologies;
- Java (especially J2EE application design, coding, and implementation)
- SOAP or RESTful Services
- SQL Queries (T-SQL, or Oracle PL/SQL)
- Java application servers such as Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere, Glassfish, or JBoss.
- RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience with deploy tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, and Docker.
- Experience in version control software such as SVN and GIT.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on various activities whilst maintaining standards and guidelines.
- You should enjoy collaborating with a team but will have the ability to work independently.
- Experience working in Object Orientated Analysis and Design.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX)
- You will have a passion for quality, and this will be displayed in your output.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Medical & Dental benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee & partner life insurance
- Accidental life and personal accident insurance
- Short & long-term disability Insurance
- Out of province / out of country medical insurance
- Pension fund with employer matching program
- Employee Assistance Program / Helpline
- Professional association membership fee assistance
- Support with continued professional development
- Ergonomically friendly sit to stand desks
- GoodLife Fitness Corporate Membership Program
- Flexible Working hours
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus – up to $4,000!
- Active staff social committee
- Quarterly company social events
- Monthly Employee of the Month event
- Weekly “Happy Hour” social event