Summary: Project Managers at White Clarke Group lead teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget. In this role, you will be expected to manage the full software delivery process.
Description of the role
Our Project Managers day-to-day looks like:
- Managing the software development process- evaluate, specify, estimate, develop, test and deploy.
- Definition and management of project initiation tasks such as project mandate, resource planning, kick-off meetings, delivery planning, communication plan etc.
- Controlling and monitoring timelines, resource allocation, dependencies, budgets, costs and quality of deliverables throughout delivery stages.
- Compliance with the agreed governance structures, processes and procedures in relation to project delivery e.g. change management, risk & issue management and status reporting.
- Leading key stakeholder interactions, for example, steering group meetings.
- Leading internal project team delivery checkpoints.
- Working on a daily basis with the delivery teams to ensure planned activities are understood and progressing on track.
- Liaising with third parties where appropriate to ensure external tasks are tracked and delivered on time, on budget and to the required level of quality.
- Managing escalations, risks or issues raised with the project.
- Ensuring successful project completion, including handover to Service Management team of required deliverables and acceptance into support.
- Continually expanding understanding of the finance industry and White Clarke products to better understand project goals and business drivers.
- Adhering to the client’s project management methodologies while balancing internal PMO requirements.
- Adhering to the established performance objectives and targets.
- Acting as the process owner of the delivery cycle to ensure quality is built into our practices and ultimately the client experience.
- Supporting and participating/driving strategic client and internal initiatives.
- Supporting New Business Opportunities – Demonstrates an aptitude for spotting value-added opportunities and thus position the business to win additional work.
- Acting as a role model promoting White Clarke Group core values.
- Acting as a mentor and leader to direct reports.
Requirements of the role
- Demonstrable track record working as a Project Manager within software delivery with responsibility for budgets.
- Experience delivering large, complex software projects on time and within budget.
- Experience managing software deliveries to large external clients. i.e delivering as a vendor to an external customer.
- Previous experience and involvement in the software development lifecycle and system implementation.
- Business experience gained within the asset finance or motor finance industry.
- Experience of working within a recognised project management methodology.
- Comfortable delivering projects to external clients, and managing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience of delivering projects across multiple countries and/or with delivery teams from multiple geographies and timezones would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work away from home & travel to client sites when required.
- Holding a recognised project management accreditation is desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Powerpoint, Excel & Visio.
- Familiarity with working with JIRA and Confluence would be advantageous.
- Ability to understand high-level technical documentation and interact with technical developers, Business Analysts and QA’s.
- Strong management and practical management experience (i.e conflict management, taking ownership and working under pressure).
- Strong client management skills.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Medical & Dental benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee & partner life insurance
- Accidental life and personal accident insurance
- Short & long-term disability Insurance
- Out of province/out of country medical insurance
- A pension fund with employer matching program
- Employee Assistance Program / Helpline
- Professional association membership fee assistance
- Support with continued professional development
- Ergonomically friendly sit to stand desks
- GoodLife Fitness Corporate Membership Program
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus – up to $4,000!
- Active staff social committee
- Quarterly company social events
- “Employee of the Month” events
- Weekly “Happy Hour” social events