Summary: A release manager at White Clarke Group leads and owns all aspects of change management through the lifecycle of hosted and non-hosted client deliveries.
Description of the role
What our release managers’ do day-to-day:
- Interacting with cross-functional teams to develop and execute a solid release strategy.
- Drive change management in alignment with SSAE-18 and ITIL ‘good practices’.
- Manage release scheduling with supporting resources and maintain event forecasts.
- Coordinating client communications and deployments to various environments.
- Managing application release automation and continuous integration tools to help advance the continuous delivery process.
- Conducting release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews.
- Financial management of release execution and associated activities.
- Risk management of all release activities – monitoring and managing issues and required mitigation efforts.
- Producing deployment run books and implementation plans.
- Leading the deployment team to complete changes and report the status to senior management.
- Managing monthly OS maintenance and security patch deployment
- Working with release engineers to understand hardware & software architecture and apply that to effectively manage deployments.
This role requires flexible working hours inclusive of evening and weekend coverage as required.
Requirements of the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, plus over 5 years of hands-on IT experience.
- Previous experience of release and/or project management.
- ITIL foundations certification
- PMP certification is an asset but not required
- Solid understanding of release management principles, practices and tools required.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional/cross-regional work teams.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to deliver results within demanding schedules and priorities that require timely and accurate responses.
- Previous experience working in Agile development organizations.
- Willing to work outside of core business hours when needed to complete necessary release tasks.
- Experience working with global teams.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.