Senior Java Developer
Summary: Our Software Engineers develop and deliver the next generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. We’re looking for Engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas of the technology stack, such as distributed computing, micro-services, system design, server side, UI design.
Description of the role
Our Senior Java Developers working day:
You will work closely with our Business Analysts and testers and be involved in Client demonstrations and activities. We utilise strong testing and test-driven development practises to both refactor and improve the code base without impacting current production features, this is supported by using code quality tools like Sonar to give them metrics coupled with nightly continuous deployment where automated Selenium and Gherkin-based tests are run.
We follow an Agile methodology based on SCRUM and have daily stand-ups to allow the team to synchronise tasks for the next 24 hours.
Also as a senior developer you will be expected to be one of our SME’s with all things related to Java, we run workshops, lunch and learn sessions and even and sponsor tech meet ups which will give you the chance to inspire the younger generation.
The learning will not stop there for you either, throughout the year there will be various training enhancements and courses plus we also encourage an opinion in our working environment so if you think there is a technology that we need to investigate we want to hear it from you!
Requirements of the role
- Java application servers such as WebSphere, Glassfish or JBoss.
- RDBMS such as Oracle or SQLServer.
- Build Tools such as Maven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task on various activities whilst maintaining standards and guidelines.
- You should enjoy collaborating with a team but will have the ability to work independently.
- Passionate about testing and Test-Driven Development.
- You will have a passion for quality, and this will be displayed in your output.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various company-wide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.