Senior Project Manager
Summary: As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the software development process and ensuring that all projects are delivered within scope, on time and on budget. This position will be reporting directly to the director of project management.
Description of the role
Our Project Managers working day looks like;
- Acting as the primary project owner and face of the company developing collaborative relationships to achieve positive project outcomes.
- Ensuring that clients are kept accountable for their actions and deliverables.
- Working closely with cross-functional and cross-regional team members inclusive of developers, business analysts, technical architects & SMEs to develop detailed and realistic project schedules.
- Monitoring progress within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources, proactively identify risks and issues, escalate as appropriate to senior management with recommendations and ensure quality of deliverables.
- Coordinating builds and deployments across all environments, including production.
- Acting as a point of escalation for high priority issues
- Providing accurate project resource requirements and projections, encourage collaborative, supportive work environment, participate in hiring process.
- Collecting, maintain and distribute project status reports to stakeholders. Provide routine briefing to project team, customers and senior managers to keep them informed.
- Adhering to the client’s project management methodologies while balancing internal PMO requirements. Make recommendations to improve processes and policies.
- Supporting and participate/drive strategic client and internal initiatives.
- Taking ownership of delivery cycle to ensure quality is built into our practices and ultimately the client experience.
This role involves up to 40% travel to client sites and White Clarke Group offices as required to support client and business needs.
Requirements of the role
As an experienced Project Manager, we would expect you to have proven experience delivering large complex software projects on time and on budget.
- Experience managing software deliveries to large external clients i.e. delivering as a vendor to an external customer
- Business experience gained within the asset finance or motor finance industry and/or systems
- Proven ability to lead and manage a project team
- Ability to understand high level technical documentation and interact with technical developers, business analyst and QA’s
- Experience with issue tracking software (ServiceNow, JIRA, SharePoint, Test Track, etc.).
- Knowledge of Web Applications.
- Strong management skills and practical management experience
- Ability to take ownership and be responsible for actions
- Attention to detail, with ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Ability to work as part of high-performance diverse team
- Strong self-starter and able to work on own initiative
- Well-developed analytical capabilities
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Conflict management, influencing and leading
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong client skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional image
If you are fluent in other European languages such as Spanish or Portuguese this would be an advantage.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Medical & Dental benefits for employees and dependents
- Employee & partner life insurance
- Accidental life and personal accident insurance
- Short & long-term disability Insurance
- Out of province / out of country medical insurance
- Pension fund with employer matching program
- Employee Assistance Program / Helpline
- Professional association membership fee assistance
- Support with continued professional development
- Ergonomically friendly sit to stand desks
- GoodLife Fitness Corporate Membership Program
- Flexible Working hours
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus – up to $4,000!
- Active staff social committee
- Quarterly company social events
- Monthly Employee of the Month event
- Weekly “Happy Hour” social event