Senior Project Manager
Summary: Project Managers at White Clarke Group lead teams to ensure that projects and releases are delivered on time and within budget.
Description of the role
- Definition and management of project initiation tasks such as project mandate, resource planning, kick-off meetings, delivery planning, communication plan etc.
- Controlling and monitoring timelines, resource allocation, dependencies, budgets, costs and quality of deliverables throughout delivery stages.
- Compliance with the agreed governance structures, processes and procedures in relation to project delivery e.g. change management, risk & issue management and status reporting.
- Responsibility for release management; In charge of the gatekeeping, applying the project management discipline working with cross-functional, cross-regional teams to deliver consistent reliable measurable results for external and internal clients.
- Coordinating builds and deployments across all environments including production.
- Working closely with cross-functional and cross-regional team members inclusive of the development team, business analysts, technical architects & SMEs to develop detailed realistic project schedules.
- Leading key stakeholder interactions, for example, steering group meetings.
- Collecting, maintaining and distributing project status reports to stakeholders. Providing routine briefing to the project team, customers and senior managers to keep them informed.
- Adhering to the client’s project management methodologies while balancing internal PMO requirements. Make recommendation to improve processes and policies.
- Leading internal project team delivery checkpoints.
- Working daily with the delivery teams to ensure planned activities are understood and progressing on track
- Liaising with third parties where appropriate to ensure external tasks are tracked and delivered on time, on budget and to the required level of quality
- Managing escalations, risks or issues raised with the project.
- Ensuring successful project completion, including handover to Service Management team of required deliverables and acceptance into support.
- Continually expanding understanding of the finance industry and White Clarke products to better understand project goals and business drivers.
Requirements of the role
- Previous experience and proven ability to deliver large, complex software projects on time & on budget.
- Experience managing software deliveries to large external clients i.e. delivering as a vendor to an external customer.
- Business experience gained within the asset finance or motor finance industry and/or systems.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a project team.
- Experience in multiple Project Management methodologies.
- Ability to understand high-level technical documentation and interact with technical engineers, developers, business analyst and Testers.
- Experience with working in SSAE18 or ISO/ITIL experience in compliance and security environments.
- Experience of and involvement in the software development lifecycle/system implementation.
- Previous experience with Release Management
- Technical proficiency or background in IT Windows and Server systems in order to effectively communicate with Infrastructure and Architecture engineers
- Knowledge of Web Applications
- Experience with issue tracking software (ServiceNow, JIRA, SharePoint, Test Track, etc.).
- Written and verbal communication in other languages including French, German and Spanish.
- Previous International experience
Please note that this role will require flexibility of working hours to suit business needs. This will include evenings and weekends.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.