Summary: As a Solution Architect, you will be working with the Client Delivery and Sales teams providing application and technical architecture expertise to fulfil client requirements and RFP's whilst leading the design and implementation stages working with development and solution teams.
Description of the role
Our Technical Architect’s working day:
Your days can be extremely varied from attending both client meetings, supporting sales and completing RFI/RFP and providing technical advice on aspects of the system development and integration to ensuring that the appropriate technical records are maintained.
You will work with the client delivery teams, sales teams, service managers and project managers on major technical issues and make recommendations for resolutions. As well as advising on end-to-end solutions and the impact of technical change and ensuring that there are proper technical assessments of all solutions/exceptions.
As an Architect you will be expected to take the lead role in sales, client activities alongside development projects, during design and development whilst evaluating impact analysis and major design.
You will be responsible and accountable for the end-to-end technical solution for client delivery.
You will be active in reviewing, enhancing and approving White Clarke Group Architecture Principles, Policies and Standards.
Working in consultation with the Technical Governance Board to maintain appropriate technical strategies, policies, standards, methods and tools. You will also work with the product team to control the code management process between the core product and client releases.
You will be using the appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to maintain documentation of systems architectures.
Monitoring usage of development planning tools such as JIRA and provides guidance on best practice.
For product implementations, you will ensure the correct management of the configuration layer and clear separation of client logic from core product functionality.
Ensures that appropriate technical architecture records are established and maintained for each client implementation for which they are responsible
Requirements of the role
- Proven track record and success in pre-sales activities of completing RFI/RFP, design and implementation activities of E2E large systems
- Experience in completing RFI/RFP and working alongside the Sales team.
- Familiarity with the systems development lifecycle and best practice in the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
- Has detailed practical knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
- Has a good appreciation of risk management, change management, configuration management and quality.
- Has good knowledge of software security and vulnerability management.
- Experience in Performance and Penetration testing of enterprise software
- Experience in managing and conducting Proof of Concepts.
- Experience working with cross-regional teams for product implementation
- Very technically aware especially in the following technologies
- Enterprise Architecture
- DevOps Pipeline (CI/CD)
- ‘N’ Tier Java applications
- JEE Application servers
- RDBMS (Oracle SQLServer)
- Secure Development Standards e.g. OWASP / SSAE18
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Proven analytical capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (written and verbal). Knowledge of a second language e.g. German or French would be a plus for this position.
- This role involves travel to European client offices and requires the ability to be flexible with respect to working hours, according to operational requirements.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Scheme Referral – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various company-wide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.