Summary: Our Software Engineers develop and deliver the next generation technologies and software to major global brands in the automotive, consumer and asset finance space. As a Technical Architect you will be working alongside functional architects and software engineers to own the technical implementation of White Clarke Group Products.
Description of the role
Our Technical Architects Developers working day:
- Providing advice on technical aspects of system development and integration, including the operational and maintenance aspects of systems under development.
- Ensuring that appropriate technical records are established and maintained. Advises on appropriate technical assurance criteria, and the conduct of quality reviews of technical products. Ensures the adequacy and effective use of quality control procedures.
- Advises Service Managers and Project Managers on major technical issues and makes recommendations on their resolution.
- In consultation with the Chief Architect maintains appropriate technical strategies, policies, standards, methods and tools and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Advises on the impact of technical change (including requests for change, deviations from specifications, etc), and ensures that there is proper technical assessment of all exceptions.
- Takes a leading technical role in development projects, during design and during development. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options.
- Active participation in reviewing, enhancing and approving Architecture Principles, Polices and Standards.
- Helping with hands on development if required.
- Help in designing and enforcing Ensures all work is managed using the appropriate standards, methods and tools.
- Working with colleagues where appropriate, reviews and revises estimates, risks and development plans to take account of design decisions.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to maintain documentation of systems architectures.
- Monitors usage of development planning tools such as JIRA and provides guidance on best practice.
- Working with the Product team to control the code management process between core product and client releases.
- For product implementations, ensures correct management of the configuration layer and clear separation of client logic from core product functionality
- Takes ownership of the technical stack for Product implementations maintaining accurate records of application server and library versions
Requirements of the role
- Familiarity with the systems development life-cycle and best practice in the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
- Has detailed practical knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
- Has a good appreciation of risk management, change management, configuration management and quality.
- Has good knowledge of software security and vulnerability management.
- Experience working with cross regional teams for product implementation
- Very technically aware especially in the following technologies
- Enterprise Architecture
- DevOps Pipeline (CI/CD)
- ‘N’ Tier Java applications
- JEE Application servers
- RDBMS (Oracle SQLServer)
- Secure Development Standards e.g. OWASP / SSAE18
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Attention to detail, with ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Proven analytical capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Ability to be flexible with respect to working hours, according to operational requirements.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, here is an insight to what we offer for all our employees below:
- Competitive CTC and benefits package.
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Support with professional certifications.
- Flexible working.
- Health Insurance.
- Death in service benefit.
- 15 days holiday that increase with length of service
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme.
- Various company-wide social events.
- Provident Scheme.