Summary: As a Technical Architect you will be providing application and technical architecture expertise to fulfil client requirement whilst leading the design and implementation stages working with development and solution teams.
Description of the role
Our Technical Architect’s working day:
Your days can be extremely varied from providing technical advice on aspects of the system development and integration to ensuring that the appropriate technical records are maintained.
You will work with service managers and project managers on major technical issues and make recommendations for resolutions. As well as advising on the impact of technical change and ensuring that there is proper technical assessments of all exceptions.
As an Architect you will be expected to take the lead role in development projects, during design and development whilst evaluating impact analysis and major design.
You will be active in reviewing, enhancing and approving White Clarke Group Architecture Principles, Policies and Standards.
Working in consultation with the Chief Architect to maintain appropriate technical strategies, policies, standards, methods and tools. You will also work with the product team to control the code management process between core product and client releases.
You will be using the appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to maintain documentation of systems architectures.
Monitoring usage of development planning tools such as JIRA and provides guidance on best practice.
For product implementations, you will ensure the correct management of the configuration layer and clear separation of client logic from core product functionality.
Taking ownership of the technical stack for European implementations maintaining accurate records of application server and library versions.
Requirements of the role
- Familiarity with the systems development lifecycle and best practice in the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
- Has detailed practical knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
- Has a good appreciation of risk management, change management, configuration management and quality.
- Has good knowledge of software security and vulnerability management.
- Experience working with cross regional teams for product implementation
- Very technically aware especially in the following technologies
- Enterprise Architecture
- DevOps Pipeline (CI/CD)
- ‘N’ Tier Java applications
- JEE Application servers
- RDBMS (Oracle SQLServer)
- Secure Development Standards e.g. OWASP / SSAE18
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Attention to detail, with ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Proven analytical capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal). Knowledge of German would be a plus for this position.
- This role involves travel to European client offices and requires the ability to be flexible with respect to working hours, according to operational requirements.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have some great benefits at White Clarke Group, including:
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounted gym membership.
- 23 days Holiday, that lengthens with service.
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme – Earn up to £2,500!
- Discounted eye tests & glasses.
- Help towards professional association subscriptions.
- Various companywide social events.
- Support with professional qualifications.