Objectives: Working with a team of software developers, business analysts, test analysts and off-shore teams to oversee the manual testing of new releases with enhanced functionality for the White Clarke Group Calms product.
Description of the role
- Review testing requirements based on the software design documents and functional requirements.
- Responsible for the test processes, testing approach and status reporting across development teams as part of the quality control of software product releases.
- Provide line management for matrix managed testing team professionals deployed within cross disciplinary software development teams.
- Responsible for producing and implementing the software test strategy
- Ensuring content and structure of all testing artefacts is maintained
- Monitoring and reporting test progress across development teams.
- Liaising with project teams regarding the product development test status.
- Identify testing training requirements and manage the development of appropriate professional testing skills across teams of software testing professionals.
- Ability to identify, report and control quality risks as part of the release testing processes.
Requirements of the role
- Ability to review and contribute to test plans produced by test leads across development teams.
- Proven track record of writing, reviewing and running test plans and test strategies within a software environment.
- Experience of working within teams using agile development methodologies.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work with offshore team
- Testing skills > 10 years.
- Test Manager experience > 3 years
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager (CTAL – TM).
- Well-developed analytical capabilities.
- Ability to communicate very effectively (written and verbal).
- Conceptual knowledge and awareness of automated testing frameworks would be advantageous.
- Experience using issue management systems, such as JIRA.
- Experiences using Adaptavist Test Management or similar
- Experience in testing web applications and knowledge of XML messages and structures and HTML.
- Experience using SQL to interrogate databases.
White Clarke Group are committed to welcoming people with disabilities with respect to recruitment, employment, training, career development and career progression and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Private medical healthcare on completion of probation period
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Free onsite parking
- Corporate gym membership options
- Associate car purchasing discounts – available with selected manufacturers
- 23 days holiday per year with the option to buy & sell 3 days
- Additional holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Employee referral scheme
- Assistance with eye tests
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Social Committee – events throughout the year
- Support with professional qualifications